Test before sign up

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Guest, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi All,

First time post here...

I'm currently using a host in Australia and I'd like to do a speed comparrison for a host in the US before I make a switch.

Is this possible with Winhost? I want to be confident that our customers get a good experience.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

You could try performing a ping and traceroute test to our servers.

www.Winhost.com

..This should give you a fairly clear result on the signal speed, but if what you are looking for is a free test server then I'm afraid we do not offer that. We do have a 30 day money back guarantee, so you can sign up for an account and test it for 30 days, and if you don't like it, cancel the account before the 30 days is up and you'll get a full refund.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a698/cancellation-faq.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't need a test server, the app is already hosted. I'll try a ping but that's only part of it. I may try the 30 day option.

Thanks for the suggestion.

4. Ray

Ray

You can sign up with any domain name you like but I suggest you use a domain name that you will actually use because once the site account has been provisioned the domain name cannot be changed. Even though you have the domain name hosted somewhere else doesn't mean you have to point it to us yet. You will get a secondary URL address and secondary FTP address so you can still upload your site to our server and view it without the domain name actually pointing to us yet. If you do decide to stay with us then you simply update the name servers to point to our DNS servers.

5. amk2010

amk2010 Guest

very nice tips ... i think you must go for a 30 day trial to have a better idea of Winhost services as per your requirements.
    [​IMG]

6. Ray

Ray

By all means, please try us out and utilize our 30 day money back guarantee. But keep in mind that it only applies to the hosting service. If you purchased a domain name with us or a SSL certificate, that is none refundable. But if you decide to move you can take these things along with you.