Support for .NET Framework 4.5

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ladoleste, Mar 26, 2012.

1. When can we start publishing .NET 4.5 applications?

2. We hope to be able to provide .NET 4.5 soon after it is out of beta. But as of now, it hasn't been released yet for production.

3. .Net 4.5 and Windows Server 2012 RTM

Since Windows Server 2012 with IIS 8 and .Net 4.5 will go RTM on August 15th/16th, will Winhost soon be offering IIS 8 hosting with .Net 4.5 support?

With the release of SQL 2012, I was extremely pleased with the rapid adoption of SQL 2012 support compared to other hosting providers and I hope that Winhost follows the same trend with these 2 other platforms.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

our plan is to offer windows 2012 hosting with asp.net 4.5. I can't give any specific date though. We are already working on trying to get ready for it and we hope to get all this available as quickly as we can.

5. Can you kindly give us an update on this? I recently setup a new domain on Winhost and plan to use some 4.5 features soon.
    Will you also offer migration to existing customers?

6. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

We are currently working on this. Microsoft just released a lot of stuff in RTM just yesterday so we have to download everything just like the tens of thousands of people and companies trying to do so and we got to test everything and train everyone and update all our documenation. There is a lot to do and we are working through all of it. We'll be making announcements of the rollout soon.

7. .Net 4.5 Update

OK, it's been a few hours since you were asked this question !

Can you kindly give us an update on this?

thanks,
    John

8. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

We are still working on it.

9. Windows Server 2012 RTM and .Net 4.5

Since Windows Server 2012 will RTM on MSDN on Sept. 4th and it has built-in support for .Net 4.5, what will happen to existing customers hosted on Windows Server 2008 servers? Will they have the option of using .Net 4.5 as well or will they have to migrate to servers running Windows Server 2012 in order to leverage the .Net 4.5 Framework?

10. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

These are the types of things that we are working through right now. Will have more information soon.

11. Any updates on this?

12. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

We are still working on this. Nothing new to post yet.

13. Adding myself to the list

Looking forward to your annoucement!

14. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

I am too! We are working as hard as we can on this.

15. Patiently waiting for 4.5

I just updated my site to MVC4 and VS2012. I'm definitely looking for .NET 4.5 as well.

16. yes also looking for 4.5 as always want to b on the BLEEDING edge! :cool:

any way we can register to b notified when avail? (i guess i could also just keep checking this thread as i've been doing)

17. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

You can always check here. But your best bet is to check our main web site's home page. I'm sure we will make a nice announcement on the front. Since we will tell the whole wide world about the good news. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015