Subdomains for non-primary domains

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by Sean Lynch, Oct 7, 2009.

1. I am trying to point a second domain, and a few subdomains of that domain name. Specifically devexamples and beta.devexamples.com .

In the DNS manager I set up beta.devexamples.com to point to the same IP address as devexamples.com, but when I try to goto it beta.devexamples.com I get the same error I get if I had just tried to goto the IP address listed in the control panel.

I tried going to the Subdomain manager of the control panel, but it is hard coded to use the domain I signed up with. I have a max account, but no need for a SSL cert right now, so I would prefer not to have to create that before getting the dedicated IP address.

Any suggestions on this would be appriciated,
    Sean

2. Ray

Ray

Check your domain name and make sure that the name servers are pointing to our DNS servers.

ns1.Winhost.com
    ns2.Winhost.com
    ns3.Winhost.com

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. They are from the whois of devexamples.com:

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.Winhost.COM
    NS2.Winhost.COM
    NS3.Winhost.COM

And if I do an nslookup of beta.devexamples.com it points to the same IP address as devexamples.com. The problem is that since I don't get a dedicated IP address until after I install an SSL cert, which again I would rather avoid for the moment, beta.devexamples.com would need to be set up as a host header.

Currently unless I am missing something there is no place in the control panel to add host headers for domains other then the one that I signed up with.

4. Ray

Ray

I suggest you open a ticket to our Winhost support group so that they can check your account. Sign into your control panel and open a ticket from there. This way any request that you make is authenticated.