subdomain management w/multiple hosts and google apps

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by slomobile, Aug 27, 2012.

1. I originally registered my domain through a google sites promotion. Enom is the registrar and I want to keep them as such. I created my google site the way I liked with googe apps and custom URL Forwarding as below.
    mail.primary-domain-name.com points to CNAME mail.google.com/a/primary-domain-name.com
    calendar.primary-domain-name.com points to CNAME calendar.google.com/a/primary-domain-name.com
    www.primary-domain-name.com pointed to CNAME www.google.com/a/primary-domain-name.com
    docs.primary-domain-name.com pointed to CNAME docs.google.com/a/primary-domain-name.com

Later, I began developing windows apps and wanted Winhost to host the windows apps and www while leaving all other google apps sites untouched. I also want to host small apps on machines at my home behind a cable modem and router as home.primary-domain-name.com and robot.primary-domain-name.com
    I ordered site primary-domain-name.com at Winhost and created sub domains
    apps.primary-domain-name.com
    and www.primary-domain-name.com
    created folders /public, /private, /apps, and /www at ftp.primary-domain-name.com

At Enom I changed the naked domain, www, and apps to point to CNAME of Winhost name servers. This broke absolutely everything except calendar and docs and I do not know how to fix it. Entering any of my domains or subdomains(except calendar and docs) in a browser results in nothing, not even a 404, or a default page.

I do not want to use a root domain redirect script if it can be avoided. I would like the address in the browser to show up as sub.primary-domain-name.com/ not sub.primary-domain-name.com/sub/.

Now that you know what I want and what I did, could you please tell me what I SHOULD have done? or what I should do to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015