Sub-domain/Second Application

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by rvooys, Jul 2, 2010.

1. I think this is what I need to do.

I have a site www.black-heart.ca, this is up and running. This site is in the root folder.

My client wants to have a second instance, so I copied the site to a folder in the root, /test, added a second db, updated code to point to that test db.

I have set up www.test.black-heart.ca as a sub-domain. I have set up a second application point to /test.

Two problems.

1. I cannot get the re-write rule to work. I have copied the directions from http://forum.Winhost.com/showthread.php?t=2979 but where I enter, \test\{R:1}, I keep getting the rule reference "1" is not valid.

2. And if I go directly to www.black-heart.ca/test I get this error. Wouldn't having this as a second application point allow me to use the same project without name complications?

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
    The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
    Detailed Error Information
    Module IIS Web Core
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x800700b7
    Config Error Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with unique key attribute 'name' set to 'Reserved-ReportViewerWebControl-axd'
    Config File \\?\E:\web\blackhea\test\web.config
    Requested URL http://www.black-heart.ca:80/test/
    Physical Path E:\web\blackhea\test\
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined
    Config Source
    123: <remove name="ScriptResource"/>
    124: <add name="Reserved-ReportViewerWebControl-axd" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
    125: <add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Try just using test.black-heart.ca, leave off the 'www'.

Your second issue is the HTTP Error 500.

This is separate from your URL Rewrite rule so try not to think they are the same problem, because they are not.

For this error comment out the line in your web.config file

<add name="Reserved-ReportViewerWebControl-axd" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode"/>

3. Worked perfectly, I also got this from support, may help someone in the future.

They said:

If you're getting that specific error, it means the application is still having problems with a duplicate setting it's trying to inherit from another folder. This can happen regardless of whether the application start point is set up.

4. Thanks for the follow-up, glad it's working for you now.