SSL Cert Installation - stuck?!

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by GScom, Dec 27, 2014.

1. I bought an SSL cert through Winhost and went through the install steps from Winhost but it doesn't look like my site is accessible through SSL.

I am wondering if there is another document or troubleshooting info for this. I was thinking it would be an easy set up so maybe I missed a step somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

You deleted and edited your A records for your domain name in our DNS Manager.

When you installed the SSL Certificate your site account was upgraded to the Unique IP number.

Click on "Sites" tab.

Click on the domain for your site account.

Under the "Site Info" section you will see "Site IP Address:" right next to it is your new Unique IP number.

Copy this number.

Now click on the "DNS Manager"

You will see the A record for your domain name. Click on "Edit" and enter in the Unique IP number you copied.

Then click on "Update".

Now click on "Add" under the A record section and create the A record for the www. subdomain name and enter in the Unique IP number you copied.

Now click on "Update".

After you have done this step. Allow sometime for the DNS propagation to be updated around the world. This can sometimes take 24 - 48 hours but in most cases it only takes 1 - 3 hours to update.

Michael likes this.
  4. Thanks! I have done this and will see how it works and report back.

Have a good night.

5. Thank you. I am able to get the https working on the domain now. My site technically forwards to an Azure hosted site so it loses the SSL at that point. I will look into that.

ComputerMan likes this.