SQL Connection...

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Dan Wood, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Has anyone found a solution to this problem???

Microsoft OLE DB Service Components error '80040e21'
    Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.
    /index.asp, line 3

My ConnStr:
    <%
    Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    objConn.Open = "Data Source=tcp:s09.Winhost.com;Initial Catalog=DB_56528_screenworksh;User ID=DB_*****_screenworksh_user;Password=*******;Integrated Security=False;"
    %>

Also tried
    <%
    Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    objConn.Open = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source=s09.Winhost.com;Initial Catalog=DB_56528_screenworksh;User ID=DB_*****_screenworksh_user;Password=*******;Integrated Security=False;"
    %>
    and various permutations thereof...

If I run a ASPNet test connection str. it works like a dream, but as soon as i revert to back to Classic ASP... the aforementioned error.

I followed the links from this forum - no joy either...
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
    cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. I am using the secondary URL - screenwo.w05.wh-2.com and I did try that link but it still returns the same error. I contacted Support but they keep insisting it's a coding error but if you go to screenworkshop.com.au you can see the site is running AOK on it's current server - the only change between the site and this site are the servers MS SQL 2005 to MS SQL 2008 and the connection string.