Some queries before sign up

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Guest, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,

I am using mysql for db.
    1) Do you allow creation of scheduled jobs in mysql?
    2) Can we connect to mysql db on the server using our local mysql workbench ?
    3) How is the iis remote access allowed ? Through the control panel or can we connect using the local iis manager ? If local iis manager is 6.0 can we still connect to the 7.0 server.

2. rum

rum Winhost Staff

1. Creating and running scheduled jobs is not allowed on our servers for security and performance reasons.

2. You can connect to MySQL database hosted on Winhost with MySQL WorkBench. Please see this KB article for the instructions on how to do it, and also this community post for the instructions on how to back up your database with WorkBench.

3. You can connect to your site with IIS Manager, but this IIS Manager must be 7.0 or above version. Please see this KB article for more details.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Ray

Ray

Unfortunately it is true that database scheduled jobs is not permitted. But if you have the Ultimate plan you can gain access to the feature Scheduled Task Manager within the Winhost control panel. What you can do is create an ASP.Net application that will connect to your database and run the process and job you need it to run just as if you are running a database job agent. I know its kind of a work around but it can do the trick.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. amk2010

amk2010 Guest

well i think other companies also dont allow you to create and run scheduled jobs on their servers unless its really unavoidable scenario.
    [​IMG]