SMS Text Message

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by jmuirhead95667, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Is it possible to send a text message from my web site?
    I am going to send out email reminders to my basketball team from the web site, but with teenagers, sending a text message to their cell phone tends to be much more effective.

2. There are text message service companies, a search for text message service will find them.

You would need to set up an account with one then you could program an asp page to use their web service.

You will most likely find example code on their website, the main thing to look for is where the company is and how much it would cost you to send each text.

Another possibility is if you had your own machine running 24hrs you might be able to link a windows phone device to it and program your own web service that would be accessible from your Winhost website. A little more complex but it would give you the ability to use a SIM card/telephone number of your own choice.

I have seen example ASP code on the MSDN website to do it or you might find an app that makes this possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

You might also find this helpful Here