SmarterMail 6

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Nails, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Nails

Nails Guest

I'm currently looking around for new windows hosting company. I have a few domains i would like to move over to due the high amount of spam i receive from Linux hosting companies. Can someone share what type of spam and antivirus programs Winhost uses and how much control we have on setting these filters.

Also when do you plan on moving to version 6 of Smartermail?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. If you have used SmarterMail you should be familiar with the spam controls. The control you have over the spam settings is extensive, and way more than we could get into describing here.

We do not plan on moving to SmarterMail 6. We do not see a tremendous benefit over SmarterMail 5.x. An update at this point doesn't make sense.

3. Smartermail is awesome from blocking spam. I have used it for many years.

4. Ray

Ray

SmarterMail is pretty comprehensive when it comes to Spam and content filtering. We do not have any KB articles for instructions on how to setup the Spam and Content filtering on SmarterMail, because SmarterTools themselves already have an extensive help documentation system. For anyone who is interested, try looking at this link.

http://help.smartertools.com/SmarterMail/v5/Default.aspx?p=_DA&v=5.5.3362&lang=en-US