small problem with SQL DATABASe

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Tensai, Aug 19, 2010.

1. This is the error message: System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'userid'.

This is the connection string: "Data Source=tcp:s03.Winhost.com;Initial Catalog=DB_11752_chocolate;UserID=DB_11752_chocolate_user;Password=*****;Integrated Security=False;"/>

I'm confused as to why I would get a message concerning the keyword "UserID"

I have read through the other Database postings and everything ( the coding) and the connection string seems correct.

Please Advise
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Try using two words "User ID". Here is an example of a connection string for the web.config file.

<connectionStrings>
    <remove name="LocalSqlServer" />
    <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=DBServerName;Integrated Security=false;Initial Catalog=DBName;User ID=DBLogin;Password=DBPassword" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    </connectionStrings>

3. Thank you.

Funny how just a small change ie User(space)ID Changes EVERYTHING...but I stlll lovr computers and application programming :)

4. Ray

Ray

Web.config is case sensitive and requires exact typing. This is often the cause of an application error with ASP.Net.