Site Templates

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by Muppet, May 5, 2010.

1. Hi all,

I'm new here and was looking for information from people who have used web templates here or who know about them. I'm planning on writing my own site but am very stuck for time right now so I plan on buying a template and hosting it here instead for the moment. The following are my questions

- is anybody here using templates right now?
    - can anyone recommend a good site template resource?
    - do the web templates need to be in ASP/.Net to work here?
    - Can I just use php files?

Thanks so much in advance

2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

We don't provide templates here but there are plenty of services out there where you can buy a template. templatemonster for example.

3. Thanks Curtis. So there is no technical issues posting one of their templates on Winhost?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Ray

Ray

Not sure what you mean by this. Can you rephrase the question?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  5. Sure. I just want to make sure that you can host a site I build from a template I purchase from TemplateMonster.com

I believe their sites are written in PHP and I just want to make sure there is no technical issues on your side hosting PHP.

Thanks

6. Ray

Ray

That's hard to say. We do support PHP but there are functions in PHP that we may not support. As an example, if you are sending email through PHP then you may run a problem hosting it on our Windows platform. Typically PHP will use localhost as the SMTP server, but on our web servers, the smtp service has been disabled thus requiring you to use our SMTP server. And our SMTP server requires SMTP authentication before it will send out email. In PHP to code this, it will require the Pear module, which is not installed on our server. So sending email through PHP maybe challenging on our system.

7. But for most php templates there wouldn't be a problem using them here.

As Ray points out, it's what you do within those templates that determined compatibility.