Site memory allocation?

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Guest, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a question on the spec for Site Memory Allocation - 100MB and 200MB respectively. I'm not sure if my site (under development) would have any problem or not? Seems kinda low, but maybe not? Short of trying out the service for a month, is there anything I can try/test/look at to give an indication for potential problems?

I guess I'm not sure if this memory allocation correlate to a specific perfmon counter or is there some IIS 7 configuration setting (I'm not aware of) to test & debug prior to hosing?

To be honest, I'm not experienced in hosting outside of my own equipment, so I'm just looking for any 'gotchas' or simply just things to be aware of, prior to pushing the site out there (the whole if you don't test it, it will probably break mentality here).

The site isn't the next YouTube or anything, but it is MVC 2 with a ORM for the backend SQL data for CRM & inventory data.

Thanks,

Jim

2. Ray

Ray

The best way to test this is through your own development box. Just set the same conditions we have on our server. Pay close attention to your Task Manager and see how much resources your application is using up. Bear in mind that each Site account can only carry one application pool. If you are planning to host multiple web applications under one account, you will need to simulate that on your own development box where the web applications are all running under one application pool.