Site hosted in frame?

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by BeRecursive, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Hi,

I just purchased a site with you guys for my existing domain registered at one.com - berecursive.com. I already have a site hosted there and am happy with that, but was keen to get some .NET hosting so I chose a site from you guys :)

My problem, however, is trying to set up the DNS properly. Want I want to do is forward a subdomain from one.com to point to my hosting space here. I have pointed both a CNAME record as well as a 'Web Alias' (another setting they have) but neither seem to work properly.

The CNAME does not work at all, it displays a page that says:

Code:
    Web Page is Unavailable
    We are very sorry.
    The web page you are trying to reach is unavailable. 
    Please contact the Website Administrator. 
    We apologize for the inconvenience.
    I have pointed the CNAME to my secondary URL berecurs.w04.Winhost.com.

The 'Web Alias' does work, however the site is hosted within a frame for some reason. When I click view source I see that it is in fact wrapped within a frame which I do not want to happen!

Any ideas how I can get the CNAME working or get rid of that pesky framing of my site?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

You will need to setup the subdomain as a domain pointer. This will create the host header for that subdomain name.

3. If i try and set up a domain pointer in my control panel to subdomain.berecursive.com it says domain name is invalid?

4. Ray

Ray

You should be able to bypass that and simply proceed. That should only be a warning.

5. Not that I can see, if I select 'create' then it comes up with "Domain name is invalid." and no other message or prompt appears. If I click create again then the same things happens. I've tried this in both IE and Chrome and haven't had any success?

6. Ray

Ray

Since berecursive.com is an a domain name associated to an account try using the subdomain button instead of the domain pointer button.