Site down -- Again

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by davidmclusa, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Four sites, on 2 different accounts are all down -- again. This happened last week as well.

Last time they were down for hours -- and no explanation, here or through support, just ...
    ---
    We apologize for the delay, however our system administrators were aware of this issue and have resolved this. We appreciate your patience.
    ---
    ... after they were finally back.

Yes, I put in a support ticket again.

Just don't try to 'appreciate my patience' again -- I don't have any left.

dbm

2. Ray

Ray

I'm not sure exacty what event you are referring to that occurred last week. The only issue we encountered last week was the Winhost control panel and none of the Winhost servers went down.

For more info on what occurred on w02 you may want to look at this thread.

http://forum.Winhost.com/showthread.php?t=3983

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Then perhaps you may want to look into this ticket

[​IMG]

Notice that the date is one week ago today.

dbm

4. Ray

Ray

I'm going to have to admit that this ticket may not have been resolved in the most informative way. But when you experienced the problem the issue should only encompass the Winhost control panel and not your website or IIS Manager. Our support staff should have probe a little more to see the true cause of the problem with yoru web site and IIS Manager. I am assuming that you are now able to see your site for this account. If not, please open a new ticket and our support staff will investigate it more thoroughly.

5. You are missing the point -- THIS image of the support ticket is from one week ago today -- notice the date is June 3 -- when you said there wasn't any issues that day with the web sites.

That is NOT correct! -- there was.

No, I don't currently any any problems with my sites now that the problem was resolved with ws02.

BUT, there was also a probelm with that server a week ago.

So your statement....
    --------------------------
    ... The only issue we encountered last week was the Winhost control panel and none of the Winhost servers went down.
    -------------------------

... is not correct. Apparently you just didn't know about it, but Joe R. did as he acknowledged it -- and it occurred many hours after your 'control panel is back' message.

and the control panel WAS fine -- the SITES were not.

dbm

6. Apparently no one who was here in the evening on 6/3 saw fit to post in the outages thread, so Ray wouldn't have any way of knowing about a server issue that took place when he was not here. I also do not see any internal emails re: server issues on 6/3. That doesn't mean there weren't any issues, just that there was not good communication.

We'll make sure that everyone is on the same page as far as posting outages are concerned so everyone is in the loop.