service.asmx/jsdebug 404 not found

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by macm, Sep 5, 2010.

1. I have an ajax app in asp.net 4.0. It all works locally, but when I move it to the server I get JavaScript issues that state the namespace that my webservice sits in is not defined.

Diving further into this I realize my service.asmx/js and service.asmx/jsdebug are not resolving.

I have been all over these forums and the net of course and I can not find a solution.

I kinda think this could be an IIS mapping issue, but I just don't know enough.

If anyone has anyideas, please let help.

Thank you.

T

2. Ray

Ray

A http status code of 404 is fairly straightforward, the web application is looking for a file or folder and it is not finding it. It is more of a path issue then anything else.

3. Thank you for your reply. Yeah I agree that it could be some kind of handler issue.

I have all the handlers set at the default Winhost and I have it working on a local dev server and in my vs2010 dev environment.

the jsdebug scripts are loaded at runtime by .NET and it seems that I can not get IIS on Winhost server to find the jsdebug file.

Driving me crazy.

Is there any handler that I could create that forces IIS to recognize the .svc/jsdebug as a file?

Thanks,

Mac

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  5. I have tried different mapings with no luck. I have the System.Web.Extensions.dll in the bin cause I am working off ajax 4.0 does that have anything to do with this?

Thank you.

6. Ray

Ray

Give me a URL to look at so I can run through the steps to produce the error. I'll see what I can come up with on my end.