Send emails from hMailServer

Discussion in 'Email' started by gersonamach, Mar 14, 2013.

1. I'm on my local network mail server hMailServer with multiple emails accounts.
    When sending email from any one of these accounts the hMailServer connects to the external SMTP server for a single account, something like [email protected].
    Some servers block external sending claiming that the sender (internal sender) is different from the external emitter ([email protected]).
    Example: internal account: usuá[email protected] -> send email -> hMailServer connects to the external server account: [email protected] -> mail is sent.
    On the server sending mail from Winhost is this possible?
    Thank you.
    Gerson

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Are you trying to change the "From" field using our email service?

Or are you trying to set up a forward? So if you send to one email user it gets forward to a completely different email user?

Can you rephrase what exactly it is you're trying to do so we can better understand you and provide you with the correct information.

3. Example: internal account: usuá[email protected] -> send email -> hMailServer connects to the external server account: [email protected] -> mail is sent.

Are you trying to change the "From" field using our email service?
    No, the "From" is not changed (usuá[email protected])

Or are you trying to set up a forward?
    Yes, the email is only forward to externar server.

So if you send to one email user it gets forward to a completely different email user?
    No, in my example [email protected] just sends an email sent to him, even if the user "From" (usuá[email protected]) does not exist, or can exist, no matter.
    The recipient receives the "From" name with the internal emitter: usuá[email protected], never with the name of the courier: [email protected].
    Is there any way to do?
    Is this possible?