Second account question

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by The Le, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Hello, I currently have an account with Winhost for www.HeroClixWorld.com

I noticed the option to "ORDER NEW SITE", which I would like to do. Basically I want to create a new website unrelated to the old one, under my current Winhost Account -- however, I don't want any of the code to be shared. I don't want to worry about URL rewrites or anything like that -- I'd like to just create a site in a subfolder and deploy all my code there for my new site.

So if I ever want to kill the second site, I should be able to delete the folder and cancel the second hosting plan with no coding changes needed. I don't want to deal with special global.asa files to handle rerouting users to differnet URLS or anything like that -- I just want them to go to a url and it it works without me having to back end code it.

Is that possible?

Please advise.

Thank you.

2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

The "order new site" tab in the control panel is used if you want to sign up another Basic/Max/Ultimate plan. You can manage all those separate plans within the same control panel. If you are going to add another site to your existing site under a subfolder, you don't need to use the "order new site" tab. You can just upload your content to your current site. However, the tradeoff is that you'll need to do some additional coding to handle rerouting the URLs. If you don't want to do that, then you can order a new Basic/Max/Ultimate plan.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  3. I have little desire to do URL rerouting. Sounds like I'd want to order a new Basic plan. I assume that would essentially create a completely different account that is unrelated to my first account? As if I were two separate people?

4. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Yes, that is correct. No URL Rerouting will be necessary and the new account will have it's own application pool and resources.