Restore a mysql database to Winhost

Discussion in 'Databases' started by cubeconsulting, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Hi There,

I would like to restore a mysql database to Winhost and I am using Workbench. Is there a procedure described somewhere, like should the backup database have the same name as the Winhost mysql database name etc... Thanks Aad

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Restore MySQL database from other hosting provider

Hi,

I made a mysql back from my current hosting provider that I want to restore to Winhost for use with Joomla. I downloaded MySQL workbench and made a successful connection to Winhost. When I start the import of the mysql database I get operation failed with exit code 1.. what to do..

Many thanks Aad

3. Ray

Ray

Unlike MS SQL 2008 MySQL really has a limited function when it comes to backing up and restoring the database. To import your local MySQL database to our MySQL server try scripting your local MySQL database and running the script against our MySQL server.

4. Ray

Ray

What is the full, exact, and complete error message. The error message you provided is not descriptive enough to really understand the problem.

5. MySQL database restore error - exit code 1????

I want to upload/move my current Joomla files including its mysql database from my current hosting provider to Winhost. I have backed up the files and mysql database to my local hard drive and tried to restore the mysql database to Winhost. I first created a new mysql database in the Winhost control panel and then connected to Winhost using mysql workbench. So far no probs.
    In Workbench I select Data dump and import from selfcontained file, and when I hit start import I get this error (finally saw the log contained more details..):

13:35:22 Restoring \\cube-notebook\d$\Cube Consulting - Website\Cube - Joomla Versie\Backup\mysql_11148_cubejoomla.sql

Running: mysql.exe --defaults-extra-file="c:\users\aad\appdata\local\temp\tmp2kpmnf" --host=my01.Winhost.com --user=cubejoomla --port=3306 --default-character-set=utf8 --comments < "\\cube-notebook\\d\$\\Cube Consulting - Website\\Cube - Joomla Versie\\Backup\\mysql_11148_cubejoomla.sql"

The network name cannot be found.

Noticed the network cannot be found message so tried again with backup file on local computer:

13:35:22 Import of \\cube-notebook\d$\Cube Consulting - Website\Cube - Joomla Versie\Backup\mysql_11148_cubejoomla.sql has finished with 1 errors

13:48:08 Restoring D:\Cube Consulting - Website\Cube - Joomla Versie\Backup\mysql_11148_cubejoomla.sql

Running: mysql.exe --defaults-extra-file="c:\users\aad\appdata\local\temp\tmpjm4tdm" --host=my01.Winhost.com --user=cubejoomla --port=3306 --default-character-set=utf8 --comments < "D:\\Cube Consulting - Website\\Cube - Joomla Versie\\Backup\\mysql_11148_cubejoomla.sql"

ERROR 1046 (3D000) at line 22: No database selected

Operation failed with exitcode 1

13:48:13 Import of D:\Cube Consulting - Website\Cube - Joomla Versie\Backup\mysql_11148_cubejoomla.sql has finished with 1 errors

Operation failed with exitcode 1

13:35:22 Import of \\cube-notebook\d$\Cube Consulting - Website\Cube - Joomla Versie\Backup\mysql_11148_cubejoomla.sql has finished with 1 errors

6. Ray

Ray

7. Installed phpmyAdmin and explicitly selected the Winhost database (after I got the exact same error on the first attempt again when I did not, I guess...), then import went fine, Joomla migration smooth as silk...

Thanks for your help Ray

8. Ray

Ray

Glad to hear it worked out for you.