reportviewer issue

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by 0000403, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Hi,

I have .net mvc project and it uses Reportviewer to generate some reports.

The reportviewer works fine locally, but when I publish it to Winhost it first gave me the following error.

"Local report processing requires FullTrust Code Access Security permissions, which is unavailable to the calling code. Grant the application FullTrust permissions or use ServerReport to execute the report remotely."

Then, I came to this forum and realized that I need to add a line of code into web.config to set the trust to full.

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <trust level="Full" />
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Then, it gave me a completely blank page. But there was a error message typically generated by reportviewer before the page completely got white-out. I can't capture that.

After this, I saw a post that I need to change HTTP Handler in IIS, so I added following handler

Request Path: Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd
    Type: Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler
    Name: ReportViewerWebControl

But, still it doesn't solve my problem.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. I also added following files to bin:

1) Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common.dll
    2) Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms
    3) Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll
    4) Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms
    5) Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.dll
    6) Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll

all are version 10.

Still not solved my problem. T.T

3. Ray

Ray

Do you have a URL we can look at to replicate the problem on our end?

4. reportviewer

Hi there,
    I can run reportviewer from my localhost but can't run from Winhost.....I am not sure what I am missing? any help from anybody...? thanks.

Errors..........

Local report processing requires FullTrust Code Access Security permissions, which is unavailable to the calling code. Grant the application FullTrust permissions or use ServerReport to execute the report remotely.

Report Viewer Configuration Error

The Report Viewer Web Control HTTP Handler has not been registered in the application's web.config file. Add <add verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type = "Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /> to the system.web/httpHandlers section of the web.config file, or add <add name="ReportViewerWebControlHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /> to the system.webServer/handlers section for Internet Information Services 7 or later.

This is part of my web.config after connectionString

<system.web>
    <trust level="Full" />

<httpHandlers>
    <add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    validate="false" />
    </httpHandlers>
    <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true" targetFramework="4.0">
    <buildProviders>
    <add extension=".rdlc" type="Microsoft.Reporting.RdlBuildProvider, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
    </buildProviders>
    </compilation>
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms loginUrl="~/Account/Login.aspx" timeout="2880" />
    </authentication>
    <membership>
    <providers>
    <clear />
    <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="ApplicationServices" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="false" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="6" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" applicationName="/" />
    </providers>
    </membership>
    <profile>
    <providers>
    <clear />
    <add name="AspNetSqlProfileProvider" type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider" connectionStringName="ApplicationServices" applicationName="/" />
    </providers>
    </profile>
    <roleManager enabled="true">
    <providers>
    <clear />
    <add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="ApplicationServices" applicationName="/" />
    <add name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider" applicationName="/" />
    </providers>
    </roleManager>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
    <error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />
    <error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />
    </customErrors>
    </system.web>
    <system.webServer>
    <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true" />
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
    <handlers>
    <add name="ReportViewerWebControlHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
    </handlers>
    </system.webServer>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  5. Hi, I have the same issue, did you find a solution?

6. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

ComputerMan likes this.
  7. That works, thanks. Actually I had full trust on before, but with a recent publish, it was accidentally removed, so started getting this error.

ComputerMan and Elshadriel like this.