Report Viewer in Production Problem

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by rvooys, Jan 14, 2010.

1. When i use the SQL Reporting Viewer locally, I have no issues.

As soon as I test the live app, I get this error.

Where do I go to set this?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.

Source Error:

Line 16: SelectCommand="SELECT [Area_AreaID], [Area_Name] FROM [tblAreas] ORDER BY [Area_Name]"></asp:SqlDataSource>
    Line 17:
    Line 18: <rsweb:ReportViewer ID="rptvReport" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana"
    Line 19: Font-Size="8pt" Height="479px" Width="709px">
    Line 20: <LocalReport ReportPath="Secure\Rep_FDIWeldInches.rdlc">

2. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Ok, so the permissions get the viewer to work. Perfect.

Now I get this error. I checked through ftp, the report exists in the same folder as I have locally? Ideas?

Server Error in Application "BLACK-HEART.CA"
    Internet Information Services 7.0

Error Summary

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Detailed Error Information
    Module IIS Web Core
    Notification MapRequestHandler
    Handler StaticFile
    Error Code 0x80070002

Requested URL http://black-heart.ca:80/Reserved.R...DocMap=true&SearchStartPage=0&LinkTarget=_top

Physical Path E:\web\blackhea\Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd
    Logon Method Anonymous
    Logon User Anonymous

Most likely causes:

The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.

The URL contains a typographical error.

A custom filter or module, such as URLScan, restricts access to the file.

Things you can try:
    Create the content on the Web server.
    Review the browser URL.
    Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code and see which module is calling SetStatus. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.
    Links and More Information
    This error means that the file or directory does not exist on the server. Create the file or directory and try the request again.
    View more information ยป

4. Ray

Ray

The symptoms looks similar to what one of our members experienced. Apparently you still have to add "Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler" as one of the handlers. Try referencing this thread from our forum.

http://forum.Winhost.com/showthread.php?t=2702

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  5. Ray this works, but each day (and once twice in a day), I was forced to go in and add this again.

Any ideas why this handler would disappear?

6. Ray

Ray

Sounds like you are uploading a new web.config file. Bear in mind that the settings you setup on IIS 7 Manager is actually recorded within that applications web.config file. In fact you really do not need to use the IIS 7 Modules to make the changes, simply go to the web.config file and add the necessary XML elements and its settings, but that of course will be much more complicated so IIS 7 Manager works much easier. That being said, if you upload a new web.config file, the settings you imposed with IIS 7 Manager will be over written.