Redirection problem

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Leonel, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Hi, I have an existing domain (www.transportesbencina.cl) with a hosting in Chile, I create a CNAME (sigtbzc.transportesbencina.cl) and redirects to the Secondary URL of my Winhost account (transpor.w01.Winhost.com) but I can't enter to the site, wich could be the problem ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

CNAMEs essentially resolves back to the IP address you are pointing it to, and the IP address for transpor.w01.Winhost.com is a shared IP address. You will only get a unique IP address when you install a SSL certificate on your account.

Try this. Go into your Site Info Manager of your control panel and add sigtbzc.transportesbencina.cl as a domain poitner. This will create the zone record and header names on our network. Then create an A record for sigtbzc.transportesbencina.cl on your DNS server and point it to IP address 96.31.35.13. This should work.

3. Thanks for the reply Ray, the domain www.transportesbencina.cl is in my hosting in Chile, I should create the domain pointer in the Winhost account and the A record in my another hosting ?