Redirect Subdomain to Subdirectory using IIS Rewrite Module

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by lookitskris, Dec 28, 2010.

1. So, I have a site (www.mysite.com) that is a working MVC web app – no problems.

On the root, I have a base installation of blogengine.net in a folder called BLOG.

What I want to do is have the URL of “blog.mysite.com” point to and display the blog app.

I have my domain provider pointing to the Winhost name servers and I have the subdomain of “blog.mysite.com” set up

Using the IIS remote manager I have created the subdomain “blog.mysite.com” but it just redirects to the root MVC web app (which I guess it should as there is a problem right now)

Using the IIS manager I have created the following rule using the URL Rewrite module:

Input URL path after ‘/’ Matches (.*) Redirect http://www.mysite.com/blog/{R:1} (Stop processing = true, entry type = local)

{HTTP_HOST} Matches the Pattern ^blog.mysite.com$

{REQUEST_URI} Matches the Pattern /blog

Am I doing something wrong? As right now it is still just rerouting to the root MVC site

I did read an article on the KB that mentioned using some custom VBScript to perform the redirect, but I couldn’t get this working and I would prefer to do it this way to keep it clean and fast.

Thank you for any help!

Kris

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Make sure you choose Rewrite instead of Redirect as the rule.

Then for the URL value set it to "blog/{R:0}"

3. It is still just rerouteing to the base MVC site - this is really starting to drive me nuts!

is there any other information I can provide that could be causing it to do this? like makybe I have something with my registrar set up wrong? It has to be something basic!

Kris

4. Ray

Ray

Is their a URL I can look at?