RedGate SQL Compare/Monitor

Discussion in 'Databases' started by chad, May 24, 2012.

1. I'm seriously considering buying SQL Compare because I'm tired of wasting time migrating data and schema changes between development, test and production. It looks like a tool that, although quite expensive, is going to pay for itself over and over again...

The monitoring tool looks interesting but I'm not 100% sure if it works remotely or must be installed on the host server.

Anyone using these tools here on Winhost (or elsewhere)?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Using SQL Monitor at work, and it's a great tool. It can be run 100% remotely, but it requires an sa level account in order to pull the data it needs, so it's probably not going to work in a hosted SQL environment like Winhost.

SQL Compare is absolutely awesome; so good in fact that Microsoft included something very similar in the Visual Studio Ultimate Editions...

3. rum

rum Winhost Staff

According to permissions requirements, you should be able to use SQL compare with your Winhost databases as your sql login principal has "dbo" permissions. The price of this sofware is indeed high, so before buying it, I recommend use their 14 days trial.