Receiving Timeout expired error

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Lindapova, Nov 11, 2014.

1. I created a website using Asp.Net Entiy Framework C#, and SQL Server Management 2014. And published to Winhost.

In my website's login page, after entering the login info and clicking on the button, I am receiving this error : "Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached." .

Before I published the website to the server, I wasn't receiving any errors in my local computer.

Secondly, the database name in Winhost server has been created different than mine which on my local computer. I could not change it. How can I change my db name in Winhost cpanel? Entity Framework may have caused to occur the error, I think.

Could you help me to figure out this, please?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

The error means you are:

A) Not closing your database connections in your code properly causing it to reach the max connection pool limit (default 100). The fix would be to close your connections properly.

B) You are closing your connections properly but are making too many database calls, thus exceeding the max connection pool limit (default 100). The fix here would be to increase the max connection pool limit in your connection string.

I'm afraid you cannot change your database name in the Winhost Control Panel. You'll need to back it up, delete it, create a new one with the correct name, and then restore it. Please note you will not be able to get rid of the prefix. It's there for management reasons and to help differentiate your database from that of another customer.

Michael likes this.