Question

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Recency, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Hello

Question: To connect to a SQL database do you have to use the sql tool that comes with this server?

Recency

2. Ray

Ray

You first need to specify how you are connect to the SQL server.

Are you going to connect using SQL Server Management Studio or are you going to connect using your web application that is hosted on our web server.

3. Hello again Ray

I have a website that has login controls that connect to a SQL database. I have my website on your server but I have yet figured out how to get the login control to work with the SQL database on your server.

4. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  5. Ray:

The link that you have sent worked. As far as I know you have to use your severs SQL tool to get the connection string. Upon this enter it into ms tool and then add the connection string to the webconfig.

Now, I have another problem. I have a contact form thats hooked to Access database. I can hook it to a SQL database but the question is, how many sql database will this server allow?

6. Ray

Ray

You are permitted to a lot of connection strings if that is what you are inquiring. The web server does not restrict how many Access database you can connect to or how many SQL servers you can connect to. Actually it is the databases themselves that limit it. Access of course only have a few number of simultoneous connections, while SQL has much more.
    Also if you choose our Basic plan, it will only offer 1 database however if you choose the max plan you can have up to 5 SQL databases.