Problems Sending/Receiving Email Recently

Discussion in 'Email' started by RobDude, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Previously, I had set things up so that *@mysite.com would be forwarded on to a Gmail account of mine. I think I received an email about a mail system upgrade, (I think that might mark when I stopped getting emails). Anyway, the 'catch-all' account no longer seems to be working.

I found a thread asking how to setup such an account, with a link to this KB article:
    https://support.Winhost.com/KB/a929/how-to-create-a-catch-all-account-in-smartermail.aspx

But when I follow those steps - what I'm seeing on the screen doesn't match with what the instructions say to do. When I go to Domain Settings / Aliases, I don't see any option for 'catch-all'.

I can see that I have a 'postmaster' account setup. I can create/send an e-mail from this postmaster account and receive it with my gmail account. But when I reply to that e-mail or attempt to send an email to [email protected] - I get a Mail Delivery Subsystem (failure) message.

Can someone please help me?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

I remember the ticket you opened with the support department. The Catch all feature wasn't enabled and we already went ahead and enabled it.

As for the bounce back email message. Please open a new ticket and provide us with the bounce back email header.

Michael likes this.
  3. I am having similar problems. I was set up so that all emails directed to '[email protected]' would be directed to my iCloud email. However, my messages get bounced back with

Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
    Diagnostic code: smtp;550 <[email protected]> No such user here

Also, I'm not seeing the usual Email setup. I get prompted with an Enable/Disable option

Can I get some help too?

4. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff