Pointing subdomains from another registrar?

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by guyweisz, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Hello, my problem is this:
    I have a domain name pointed to my Winhost account, which works fine. The thing is that I also have a subdomain for this domain, which I would like to point to the same place as well, but I couldn't find a way to do it. There is no way to do it from the Subdomains page, since pointed domains are not given as an option. Therefore I created the subdomain in the original registrar but then I found out there is no way to point it either since in the Domain Pointer page I can only insert a domain (www.) and not a subdomain. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

I'm not quite sure I understand you. Give me the domain name and the subdomain name.

3. here they are

The pointed domain (which works fine): www.asistalia.eu
    The subdomain (which I don't even know how to point): norway.asistalia.eu

4. Ray

Ray

Because asistalia.eu is a domain pointer to your account, you will also need to add norway.asistalia.eu as a domain pointer. What this will do is help create the host header entries so that norway.asistalia.eu and asistalia.eu point to the correct root.

5. Thank you for your reply. I didn't succeed doing what I wanted and since I needed a new domain anyway, I bought a new one with Winhost, and now I can't seem to be able to do ANYTHING with it. Please refer to my next post, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015