PHP - SoapClient

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by rlassan, Mar 5, 2010.

1. I have a simple PHP script (newbie to PHP) to create an instance of the SOAPCLIENT extension to call a test WCF web service. The call fails that SOAPCLIENT is not found?

Is this installed by default on the Winhost server or not supported? I've checked the forums and could not find anything related to this.

Thanks for any help!

2. Ray

Ray

I'm afraid we have not received a lot of request for PHP ver 5 SOAP client. We have not tested this on our server, and we simply cannot install it without finding the full impact on the existing PHP sites on the server. This will require we setup a development box, and perform some extensive testing for performance, security, and compatibility. Then we will need to update our provisioning codes so that it gets pushed out to all our production servers. Installing it only on one server can make managing multiple hosting servers impossible so we like to make sure everything is standardize.

As you can tell, this will require a lot of resources and labor on our part. And without the majority of our customers requesting it, we simply cannot avert our resources and time to a project that only a small few will want.

3. Thanks, perhaps another way to have php script call a web service? I'll do some digging and see what I can find. Anyone here in the forums with any thoughts?

Rick

4. Hmm, I too would like to see this added. I actually might cancel my account over this...