Payment cgi posting to my .aspx page hangs

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by ianmc, May 29, 2010.

1. Hi all,

My application requires a key for users to be able to post messages therefore I am constructing a system for purchasing keys.

The secure webserver company that I use are quite restrictive in what you can put on their server but basically your webpage with a form on it must call their 'process.cgi' which will then carry out the transaction and post the details to my Winhost sites 'payback.aspx' page. This all works, the formfields are present but it hangs, its as if the process.cgi won't let go.

I've emailed them but this is a bank holiday and I haven't had a response yet.

I was wondering if there is anything I can do in my code to prevent it hanging?

As an example of what I mean here is the URL to my Winhost site which will post to the secure server which will then post the results of the transaction back to my payback.aspx page>
    http://www.helpexclamationmark.com/PrePay.aspx?10F033

It is all in test mode at the moment and to spoof a successfull transaction you would enter the credit card number as 4111 1111 1111 1111 any date in the future and the security number of 123

and here is a test page elsewhere that posts back to payback.aspx
    this doesn't hang.

www.farstand.com/PostTest/PostTest.html
    (apart from the restrictions of the javascript validation you can enter anything here)

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

ian

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Bye the way, if anyone is interested, the secure server that my payment gateway is located on will only allow html pages and javascript, very restricted so I used visual studio to knock up a form using the form validation controls, then if you clear your temporary internet files when you run the application it deposits to 'web resources' in the temporary internet files folder, I renamed them to javascript1.js and javascript2.js and saved the 'view source' from the Visual Studio's test server as an html page, renamed the two web resource lines and bingo, nice javascript validation controls for use on an html page.

ian

3. Ray

Ray

All this maybe moot until we find out what the 3rd party webservice/processing is doing. You need to get a hold of them and find out what is the failure or problem on there end. It can be the values you are passing are not in the correct format and it is locking up the process. Who really knows at this point.

4. Ah I figured it out Ray,
    My payment company actually filters the content through their own secure server so that for example any graphics have to reside on their server etc.

The problem was that it didn't like my flash graphic, removed that and all is well, it would probably work if I put the flash graphic on their site but the displayed page is also the receipt, probably not a good idea to have flash graphics on it then.

Cheers.

Ian