Our web site not working probabley

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by Doaa Foudah, May 3, 2010.

1. hi,

I am a new user to the Winhost, I just uploaded my web application files to the ftp, and I want to creat it from iis, I downloaded the iis tool but I can't connect to the server. I can't publish my web site, can you please help us about the correct steps, to finalize this part, our web site work in the local machine, we have in the local machine ASP dotnet 3.5 and SQL server 2005.

please I want to create my application in the IIS manager,

our web site is www.it-localize.com

thanks very much for your advice.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

I think you are misunderstanding what the IIS 7 Manager is used for. The IIS 7 Manager is only used to help alter or modify some of the settings on the server. Such as trust level or authentication rules. It is not used to code your application. For coding your application I suggest you use Visual Studio.

3. yes you are right, I understand that, just I can't deal with iis. I want to make my web application available in the internet, by refer to it in iis.

4. Ray

Ray

The error message I am getting when I pull up your site www.it-localize.com is

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationPermission, System.Configuration, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed.

This is a trust level error. Try increasing the trust level on your web application. By default it is set to Medium but you are the authority to increase it to either High or Full.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a657/changing-the-default-aspnet-trust-level.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  5. thanks

Thank you very much,

I added this tage

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <trust level="Full" />
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

to the web.config and the web site is working now