Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Xuefeng, Jul 18, 2013.

1. I have a web loaded at www.iengtech.com and got the error message as below. However it works when the identical package is deployed to the local host. When I did the tests both at the local and at the server ends, I always have the database connected to the server at Winhost. I tried by recycling the application pool, but no good luck. Can anybody help me on this?
    Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:............

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Check the connection string in the web.config file you've uploaded. You're still referencing your local database.

3. I did the debug and made sure the connection string is always directing to the same remote server. I used SQL Server Manager Studio and connected to the remote server with the same connection string. But no good luck yet.
    I also recreated the MVC projects because I was thinking that there might be some version mismatch of DLLs. Still the same error message.