Not much help

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GeorgeSt, May 8, 2010.

1. I can't see my web site online. I complained and was told that I have to remove your html something. I downloaded FireFTP, which I used originally because I could not find any way to load my pages on your site. When I try to delete the suspicious file I get "access denied." Now I have to delete a file you guys put on there with some tool or software that I can't find? I am not a happy camper at this stage. Please help me?

2. maybe you need to use IIS Manager. You can manage everything from there, like default documents. the HTML something is a default file which you can replace with something else.

3. Ray

Ray

It sounds like you are having a problem with your FTP. Can you give us a copy of your FTP log?

4. I use Visual Studio 2010, setup the Publish option under the build menu (using ftp).

Make a change to my solution, go to build, publish and click on the publish now button.

Publish successful

5. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  6. What is the "suspicious file" you are trying to delete? There's nothing suspicious or indestructible about an index page. You can delete it with any FTP program.

If you want help you're going to have to be more specific.

7. I guess you are referring to the default Winhost html file. Actually, if you have a default document prioritized over the Winhost html file, you should get the result you wanted.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  8. D'oh! I responded to an old post there. Carry on.