nopCommerence 2.20 Flaw

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by Gofer01, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Gofer01

Gofer01 Amateur Web Application Developer

In admin mode when you try to set any sites settings when you press submit or enter nopCommerence makes you log in and the setting goes back to the default setting.

The new version 2.30 witch came out yesterday or early this morning addresses this bug I believe.

2. Ray

Ray

I haven't witness this on nopCommerce. Usually when you do something to an application and it logs you off and makes you log back in, than it maybe caused by the application pool being recycled due to surpassing some kind of threshold.

3. Gofer01

The nopCommerence Forum supports people think it's a machine config issue. I googled Machine Config. I generated a security key. But I can't figure out in what section of the web.config file to put in the security key in.

MSDN and several websites talks about the machine.config but they never tell you what section of the web.config file to put in the security key. They only tell you to put the key in web.config file.

4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

5. Gofer01

Thanks, Once I put in generated machine keys codes between the <system.web></system.web> controls I no longer have the Admin log in issues:)