noob needs help

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by c11ada, Apr 17, 2010.

1. hey all,

im really new to all this hosting and website thing ... im stuck and dont have a clue whats going on !!

iv got a domain name from godaddy.com and iv signed up for the hosting from win host. im using visual web developer as my development tool and iv managed to do the ftp connection thing and copy all the files over ... but when i go to set the application starting point ... nothing comes up !! all i have is / !! when i try to create a new path i get this error

Directory path does not exist.

what shall i do ... can some one explain what i should be doing !!

thanks

2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

If you uploaded your app to the root (/), then you don't need to use the Application Starting Point tool because its already set up for the root. In order to set a subfolder as an Application Starting Point, then you can use this tool - but you need to first create that subfolder or else you'll get that error.

3. the problem im having is ... when i load up the web site (internet) the login page shows up instead of the home page. when i run the website on local server ... it works fine and the home page loads up !!

i have set home.aspx as starting page in visual web developer ... how do i make sure that this also happens on the internet.

4. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015