No Log File with Full Trust Enabled

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by slowWalker, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Hi, I am doing development for a MVC4 webapp and it is hosted here. The temporary url is below.
    http://sealonte.w14.wh-2.com/

I have trouble writing log files using log4net, the log files don't get created.

I tried to write log files using log4net to the logs folder, and I have set the trust level of the site to "Full", as instructed by some post in the forum.
    http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a657/changing-the-default-aspnet-trust-level.aspx

The log file writing on my local machine is fine.

The definition segment in my config is below

Code:
    <log4net> 
        <appender name="RollingFile" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
            <file value="E:\web\sealonte\logs\sealonTechMvc.log"/>

Code:
      <system.web>
        <!-- trust needed to write log file on remote server.-->
        <trust level="Full" />   

I cannot find any detailed instruction for this any further in the forum, can someone help?

I am aware of the option of using Elmah, but I do not plan to go forward with that for now just so I don't have to go mess with role permission for the site.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Did you use Web Deploy to deploy your application? If so, then you may need to open a support ticket to have us reset your permissions.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Elashadriel, I did not use web deploy. I just published the web app to the local file system, then ftp transferred to the server.

4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

I actually see the logs in your /log directory. Did it get fixed?

5. Elshadriel, you are right. I can see the log files now too. I am not sure what happened, unless it was working before but the coreftp client I was using did not reflect the folder change ...

6. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

I honestly don't know, but I'm glad the problem seems to be fixed. :)