New to Hosting my Site - Need Help

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by David Vaught, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Hi! I've been developing for years, but I have never tried to publish an ASP.NET site to a hosted server. I deployed the site using Visual Studio 2017. It all appeared to work fine, although it took several minutes, probably because I created it as Self-Contained project to avoid compatibility issues. Unfortunately, when I go to the site, I get the following error:

An error occurred while starting the application.
    .NET Core X64 v4.1.1.0 | Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting version 1.1.2 | Microsoft Windows 6.3.9600

QUESTION: Where can I see the details behind the error message. Naturally, the project runs fine on my local IIS and SQL servers. My URL is http://lifewayheart.com. I'm not looking for help debugging, but would like to know where to find any logs that can shed some light on this error. Thanks in advance!

David

2. Just wanted to say that I received a fast and accurate response to my error from WinHost Support when I raised this issue. By changing my logging level, and reviewing the error messages in the logs, I was able to pinpoint my problem. WinHost Support walked me through the process. They are professional and patient with hosting newbies like me. :)

Michael likes this.
  3. Glad to hear it, David!