Resolved and currently monitoring Networking issue

Discussion in 'Outages and maintenance' started by rum, Dec 2, 2018.

1. rum

rum Winhost Staff

There is a networking issue in our data center. Our system administrators are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

2. Hi rum

Is this related to our support ticket
    342-239791CD-026A

3. rum

rum Winhost Staff

The issues is isolated to the Hypergrid hardware. Our hardware vendor administrators are now working on the issue.

4. rum

rum Winhost Staff

Yes, site cannot be reached because of the networking issue we are experiencing at the moment

5. rum

rum Winhost Staff

Our hardware vendors are making some progress in repairing the networking hardware and back-end storage of the cluster where the sites and database are being stored. Some VMs were brought back online, the rest of them should be brought back online shortly. There is still no ETA they can provide when this issue will be fully resolved.

6. rum

rum Winhost Staff

The issue was permanently resolved. The cluster was repaired and all sites and databases should be back online.

7. Still website not opening , just now tried .

8. Yep, gone down again.
    What's happening guys. We shouldn't have repeated downtime like this?

Regards

David

9. Not really solved. 2 of my sites are still dead.

10. rum

rum Winhost Staff

The cluster went down again after an hour of working normally. HyperGrid staff is working on the issue and should be able to resolve it soon.

11. My sites are dead too... this is becoming more and more frequent... I do not know what to do?

extorted likes this.
  12. It is the new norm... I cannot do this much longer... we are loosing too money because of this

extorted likes this.
  13. extorted likes this.
  14. How do I make official complaints about these MAJOR outages happening all the time

extorted likes this.
  15. I would imagine once can complain if the claimed 99.9% uptime is not maintained. Unfortunately, I don't keep records, but I am sure someone who is more on it would have those. In my opinion, we should, at a minimum, receive notifications when these disruptions occur. How difficult can it be? Why do I have to be informed by clients that the website is down, followed by me logging a ticket, followed by a response to view a thread in this forum? Also, why aren't the WinHost social media accounts all in sync with this forum? Neither Facebook, nor Twitter were at the time of checking.

As to how to make an official complaint, I am sure the contact forms could be used for that.

16. If taken as a yearly amount, 99.9% uptime, or rather, 0.1% downtime, would equate to 9 hours per year. If a single outage is bigger than that, it is a problem. If multiple outages per year equate to 9 hours or more, it is a problem.

17. it is then official... we have a problem.

here is my reply to last ticket (not sure it will do anything but have to try):

I understand you guys have MAJOR network problems and your excuses of it not being your fault is unacceptable to me... keeping the servers up is your job and I want to make a complaint (to management or whomever) because I have had several outages that I have been made aware of by students, staff and owner. I want it documented so that at least I did my best to make you guys understand why I will be shopping around for servers if this continues... and will most likely request a refund which may or may not be possible... however up time of my servers must be in the range of other hosting companies and that would be 99.9% up time which you are clearly not doing.

18. If you get any reasonable reply to that, I would appreciate if you pasted the official reply. Thanks!

19. rum

rum Winhost Staff

Our hardware vendors are close to resolving this issue completely. At this time, the access to all sites and databases were restored except to W07 web server. They should be able to restore the access to that server soon as well.

extorted likes this.
  20. Thanks