Network Configuration

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by 0000624, Oct 14, 2009.

1. I have read the "Network Configuration" and ran the Configuration Wizard.
    I went with all the Default settings
    The following error appeared

Connecting to probe.filezilla-project.org
    Response: 220 FZ router and firewall tester ready
    USER FileZilla
    Response: 331 Give any password.
    PASS 3.2.8.1
    Response: 230 logged on.
    Checking for correct external IP address
    IP 192.168.1.4 bjc-bgi-b-e
    Response: 510 Mismatch. Your IP is 75.87.121.156, hf-ih-bcb-bfg
    Wrong external IP address
    Connection closed

So I went through it again and in my router IP Address 192.168.1.1
    Connecting to probe.filezilla-project.org
    Response: 220 FZ router and firewall tester ready
    USER FileZilla
    Response: 331 Give any password.
    PASS 3.2.8.1
    Response: 230 logged on.
    Checking for correct external IP address
    IP 192.168.1.1 bjc-bgi-b-b
    Response: 510 Mismatch. Your IP is 75.87.121.156, hf-ih-bcb-bfg
    Wrong external IP address
    Connection closed

What am I doing wrong? Will I be able to do file transfers if I do nothing?

2. Ray

Ray

What are you trying to do? "probe.filezilla-project.org" is a website, you type this in your browsers address bar. This is something you do not try to create a network share to.

3. I was in my ftp and trying to follow the network configuration process. Should I be concerned with that? My next challenge is to try to populate my web site. I don't have a clue on how to start.

4. Ray

Ray

You can't FTP to this address 'probe.filezilla-project.org'. This is a web page. You can only pull up this web page http://probe.filezilla-project.org and download filezilla. I suggest you download this software because it is a lot easier to use as a FTP client rather then using Windows Explorer.
    Once you have downloaded this program connect to your hosting control panel. Inside the control panel you should see some tabs, Home, Account & Billing, Sites, Domains. Click on Sites. This will take you to the site list page. Look at the domain you are trying to access and find a link that reads 'Manage'. Click on it and it will take you to the Site Info Manager. This is all the information to the site. The FTP address, and FTP user name. Take some time to look through the Site Info Manager page before you do anything else so you can get familiar with it.

5. I was in FileZella when I was try to go through the Network Configuration process. Where did you get the impression is was in 'probe.filezilla-project.org'? FileZilla is downloaded and I have is online now. I have accomplished everything you mention above. You have not answered my original question of the error in the Configuration process.

6. Ray

Ray

Try leaving that portion (Network Configuratin wizard..) of FileZilla alone for now. It should be OK with its default setup. Go to FileZilla click on File. Then click on Site Manager. Then click on the button that is labeled 'New Site'. Fill in the blank typing the FTP address for the text box next to Host. Leave the port text box blank for now.

For the LogonType drop the box and pick Normal and type your FTP user name and password.

7. I believe I have already accomplished that as well. In the Host box I entered ftp.HostingAccountDomain.com if that is correct what is the next step? I am conneted to the FTP. I don't know how to proceed from here.

8. Ray

Ray

If you are connected to our server via the FTP protocol then all you need then is to upload your web pages to our server. Click on View. A menu bar should open and ensure that 'Local Directory tree' has a check mark next to it. In your FileZilla FTP window pane you should see the drives to your computer. It should be defaulted to that. You should see "C:" and any other trailing letters that follow that. Then from there you simply click and navigate to the folder that has your web sites, highlight all of them with your mouse upload it to our server.

9. Thanks for your help. Here is what I think I need to do. I need to develop some html code is text editor and copy that to the remote site. Then I should be punch up my url and see the results. Is that about right?

10. You didn't let me know if what I said was correct. I need to develop some html code is text editor and copy that to the remote site. Having said that I don't know how to proceed. I have some html code in my EditPad Light but I don't know how to get it to the remote site

11. Ray

Ray