Need to install a certificate on the server?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jules, Jan 6, 2010.

1. We need to install a certificate on the Winhost server in order to get our online payment method up and running. For performance and standardization reasons Winhost at present doesn't support this. Although they might reconsider this policy if there are more requests. So if you have a similar problem please reply to this Thread. Thanks in advance.

2. +1
    Server Certificates = Trust;
    Client Certificates = Digital signing;
    Client Certificates + Server Certificates = Digitally Signed Trust :)

Web site customers need to trust web site through Server Certificate, so even if I do not need this functionality right now, I would like to see it coming.

3. Ray

Ray

Thanks for the post, I'll definitely make sure our SA's are aware of these posts.

4. Support for self-signed certificates

For small websites used by closed groups a no-cost Windows generated self-signed SSL certificate is desireable for encryption of logons or sensitive data, adequate for the requirement, and trusted by the users. Please enable installation of self-signed certificates for SSL encryption on websites that choose to use them. Thank you!

5. Ray

Ray

Self signed certificates are typically good on a testing environment. For a production server it is really unfeasible and could grow to be unmanageable on our end.