Name servers changed, but not reflected in Whois db

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by ralanp, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Our website (relianthome.com) was temporarily hosted with JustHost.com and the domain is registered with pipedns.com. Since we needed ASP.NET support, we switched to Winhost.com and I updated the name servers (about three weeks ago :eek:) to point to ns1.Winhost.com, etc. but when I look at Whois.com, it still shows the pipedns name servers and I also can't log in to the primary ftp site at Winhost either. I assumed that doing the name server change was all I needed to do but wondering if we need to cancel our hosting with JustHost.com before the name server change will take affect? I'm well past the 12, 24, 72 hour limit I've seen mentioned for name server changes and not sure why it's still not working.

Thanks for any guidance on this. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

You'll need to talk to JustHost about this. They're controlling your domain name.

In the mean time go into your Winhost control panel and under the Site Info Manager you will see your secondary FTP address and secondary URL. This will allow you to upload your website to the Winhost server and view your web pages.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Ok, that's what I'll do. Thanks for the response.