More domain extensions (UK especially!)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by A Hill, Apr 20, 2010.

1. The majority of my clients will look for either .co.uk or .org.uk domains. As I'm likely to be recommending the more technical sites to Winhost it'd make life easier if you leased these domains. I understand they may be at a premium, but my clients would most likely prefer a small surcharge for the convenience of a single account, rather than the hosting with you and a domain elsewhere.

I wouldn't want to detract from the simplicity of your packages, but UK domains are a "biggy" for UK companies and charities. Only you know how viable that is for your business, of course.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Definitely will be some challenges to that. For one we ourselves our not a certified registrar only a reseller. I'll bring it up on our meetings. Who knows maybe we can be a reseller for one of the UK registrars. Please don't take what I said as stone, I have far more powers that be that control decision making such as these. But rest assured, I'll make sure to throw it out there for you.

3. Just to expand a bit - we could offer .uk through our partner registrar. The problem with domains outside of the generics that we offer is the prices vary depending on the extension. Those variables introduce a number of issues into the billing system, and so far we have not dedicated any development time to working those kinds of things out.

It is a good idea though, and there are some other domain-related things we could be doing. Give us time. ;)

4. Great, thanks.