Migrating site to WinHost

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by corona, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Hello,
    I'm in the process of migrating our site to a new account with Winhost, and having a few troubles getting it up and running.
    In all honest I'm far more experiences with linux servers, but I've been tasked with migrating our legacy umbraco 3.x based website to a new host, so getting a crash course in windows hosts!

My site is www.medmont.com, username medmontc

I've previously done a test migration to a fresh IIS7 installation on a virtual machine locally before purchasing the account here, and that worked fine. I'm not sure where it's failing on the Winhost site.

The secondary url:
    http://medmontc.w08.wh-2.com/
    Just gives a connection reset, with no error message.
    or in chrome;
    I've set my local hosts file to point www.medmont.com to your server and that works for some of the subdirectories (/forum etc) but the main page still doens't work.

Is there anywhere I can find logs that would tell me more, or enable more verbose error messages?
    I've tried enabling raw logs in the control panel, the the log file in the zip is pretty light in content.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ahh, ignore me, I've fixed it already.

I had the database connection line incorrect in web.config, i'd put the database username in the database name variable, they both looked similar enough I didn't realise initially.

All things are looking good now!
    Andrew

3. Cool, glad you're up and running.