Microsoft SQL Server Licensing?

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Guest, May 5, 2013.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, I am looking to develop web based tools for use by our clients and they require Microsoft SQL Server backends. I don't have any servers so need a service such as yours but am confused about the licencing when reading Microsoft's SQL Server website as per the costs associated with the number of users (CAL licenses, etc...)

If I sign up for either of your Winhost Max or Winhost Ultimate plans that say they include Microsoft SQL databases how does that work in terms of licensing for Microsoft SQL Server? Do I only have to pay the $9.95 (Max) or $19.95 (Unlimited) per month and SQL Server license costs are covered by you OR are there also additional costs on the number of users accessing the SQL Server databases?

Are there any other costs that I would incur running Microsoft SQL Server databases with your service?

Please advise - thankyou.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

We take care of the SQL Server license. You don't have to pay extra to use a SQL database. Its included in the hosting package you choose. On the Max plan you have the ability to create 10 SQL database with 1000 MB SQL disk space combined. On the Ultimate plan you have the ability to create 100 SQL database with 2500 MB SQL disk space combined.

If you use a SQL 2012 database then you have the ability to create contained database users. More information about this can be found in our knowledge base article here: http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a1040/how-to-create-contained-database-users.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015