Menus disappearing

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by dennis, Nov 3, 2009.

1. My site has a menu

Some of the menu items have sub-menus. When I click on a menu item with sub-menus, the entire menu disappears. The site is still under construction but, I wanted to do some basic testing online.

What gives?

2. I figured it out. Its Google Chrome that is causing the problem

3. Ray

Ray

LOL, I've encountered some of that even with IE 8. Some of the sites won't work unless I either turn off or turn on compatibility mode. It sucks but browsers out there are still not standardized. Best to always use multiple browsers when first developing an application.

4. Sadly, Google Chrome works fine on my local development system.

5. Yeah, Chrome is not a great browser to develop in. I use Opera for testing code, only because it's the most strictly compliant browser out there. I don't use it for any day-to-day stuff though.

It doesn't matter what you do, you always have to check everything in three or four different browsers. It's been that way forever and it doesn't look like it will change any time soon. Microsoft simply refuses to make IE right. I don't know if it's intentional or just lack of caring. That browser has been a thorn in my (everyone's) side for almost 15 years.

(I know this is about Chrome, but browser gripes always come back to IE. Ha.)