Making & storing my .bak

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by smalaw, Jan 11, 2010.

1. I'm @ 1and1 5+ years now. I can choose a zipped or unzipped export to any folder on my site. I have 45mb DB and I check back in 5-10 minutes to see my new .bak (zipped) there.

What exactly do I do to make my .bak and can I get it zipped from your service?

I hope you provide the zip function or an Ok work around because I have slow bandwidth here.

2. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. I have looked at your /KB/ and I don’t see the answer. Hence the question here.
    I’m asking nothing about restore or publish to your server.

Can I FTP a .bak to my computer that I’ve made in your control panel? Sorry but I’m not a SSMS Wizard so I do not directly connect to my live site.

In case of disaster I must rely on a paid professional but I should not have to pay someone to keep my site safe. I’ve read in the forum about the $30 acquire fee for .bak and I agree with that but you also say we can do things ourselves and I do that now.

So my question is how do I do that now in your control panel.

4. Ray

Ray

No you cannot generate a .bak file from our server. The idea and feature is being discussed but I cannot give you an official answer whether this feature is going to be offered, and if it is what will the time frame before it is offered as a feature.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Interesting

I would say this would be a very important feature. This would give me a way of controlling backups of large data.

6. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015