Mail server rejecting email

Discussion in 'Email' started by knbobick, Dec 4, 2009.

1. I have received reports from several people that when they send an email to our domain (beekersoft.com) they get an email back stating that it was rejected by the server. Their domain is in our trusted sender list for the postmaster account and other accounts use the default spam settings so it should be getting through. We used to get their emails and suddenly this started happening. Why would this be happening and how do we fix it?? Does it have to do with SPF and grey lists??

2. Ray

Ray

Do you have a copy of the bounce back message along with the internet headers that came with that bounce message. We will need that to see what is going on with the servers. The internet header is very useful because it is a communication log between the sending and receiving mail servers. Plus, do you know if anyone else is having problems sending email to 'beekersoft.com', or is it just a few hand full of people?

3. So far, the only senders that have said anything are all from the charmsmusic.com domain. I have asked several to forward the kicked back email to a different email account. I will post it when I get one.

4. Ray

Ray

If you are able to get email from one source but not the other then it is most likely the sending party that is having the problem. Unfortunately until we can get the bounce back message along with the Internet headers that came with the bounce back message I'm afraid we will not know the cause of the failure.