Mail LISTS and GROUPS?

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Guest, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I need mail lists and groups. I am looking at Winhost Max (WHM) but I don't see that mentioned in the WHM details. Do you offer these on the WHM plan? If not, do you offer them at all? If so, please provide details on object and membership limitations. If not, please provide alternatives if you know any.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

No reply? You don't want my business?

3. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

We do not offer mailing lists. There are many services out there that you can use for this purpose. It's better to use them since they specialize in it.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Are you sure? Are they not available in SmarterMail? I know someone on another hoster that has SmarterMail and he has SmarterMail Enterprise Edition 8.2.4212 and has access to both mailing lists and aliases under the SETTINGS section of his domain. I see you offer SmarterMail as well.

5. It is a SmarterMail option, but we do not offer it.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh. That's unfortunate. You offer everything else I need. That's a deal breaker I'm afraid. You should consider it for the future.

7. Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm afraid it's one of the precautions we take to prevent spam. We always recommend a third-party mailing service for people who need to send a lot of mail or maintain lists. We do that to protect ourselves, but the reality is those service typically provide much more flexibility than you'll find with most regular email services, or even enhanced services like SmarterMail.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Do you recommend a particular service?

9. "Officially," no, but we hear a lot of good things about Constant Contact. There are certainly a number of others, but that one seems to be the most widely used.

10. I wanted to note that this would also be useful to me and would pay extra for this - or if you had a go to affiliate you could maybe make extra referral income by partnering with them.