Resolved m03 mail server

Discussion in 'Outages and maintenance' started by rum, May 6, 2019.

1. rum

rum Winhost Staff

M03 mail server is having some issue. Our system administrators should be able to fix it soon.

2. rum

rum Winhost Staff

The issue was resolved, all services should now work normally.

3. So what was the root cause and why has this happened twice in less than a week and furthermore, why do we, the users have to tell you that a server is down to get things resolved? I am paying for this service am I not?

4. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

We're currently talking to SmarterTools regarding this issue. Once we have more information we will provide it.

5. The mail server is down again and has been for the last 3+ hours. On top of that the winhost site is down so I can't even get in to put in a ticket. How are we to report a problem if we can't even get to the site and why do we have to report any problems. Don't you have any monitoring that shows you when your website is down or your e-mail servers are down?

6. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

It appears you currently have a ticket open with us and it's not related to the email server issue. The back bone provider that your internet connection uses to our server is having an issue. This would explain why you're not able to reach our main site/support system/ and email server. Our forums are actually located in a different part of the world to avoid those type of issues and allow our customers to communicate with us during a network outage or any other major outages related to our datacenter.

7. ComputerMan,

Thanks for the response. That is correct. I posted here when I couldn't get to the site and then was able to get to the ticket site from my work, which is what led to the traceroute which identified the problem. My ISP was able to contact the hosting provider for the failed hops (GoDaddy) and they were finally able to resolve the outage just recently. Thanks again for the response and sorry for my assumption it was your service. It was very strange as I could get to everything I tried (facebook, amazon, microsoft, a gaming company in Austria, Googlemail, etc) except your site and my e-mail hosted through your site. I have never had that happen before. Other times that there has been a route problem, many more items were affected than just a single place.

Thanks again for the response.