Loosing Confidence in WinHosts Email programs

Discussion in 'Email' started by GroverparkGeorge, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Gosh, reading the threads here clarifies that I'm not the only one confounded by the second (or maybe it's third) tier quality of the Spam filtering and other email services available here. The spam filtering is borderline incompetent, IMO.

And now, there have been two email outages in the last two weeks in my email service. The first time, everything failed for a couple of hours. Today, it's only the SMTP server that has gone down. Going on three hours now with no ability to send email.

I wonder, is this experience more widespread among other users? Is it something you all have just learned to tolerate?

Frankly, it's gotten bad enough that I'm shopping again. It's a hassle to change hosts, but I expect better.

George

2. There haven't been any mail server outages in almost weeks, as you can see here. If you're having connection issues, it could be a network problem.

As for spam filtering, you have complete control over that. How well it works depends on how you configure it. By default we configure it to let a lot of mail that you might find questionable through. Because most people want to make the decision of what they consider spam themselves.

It's better for us (and for you) to let more mail through by default and let you tweak you spam settings than it is for you to contact us and say, "I'm not getting legitimate email because of the spam filters." Neither one of us wants that.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015